What We Accept for Recycling
Below is the list of items that we are able to accept in our Technotrash Pack-IT Service.
- Media: CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVDs, Blu-ray, 3.5” and 5.25” floppy disks, zip and jazz disks, and cases
- Tapes: VHS, audio cassette tapes, DAT, DLT, Beta, and Digibeta
- Computer drives: Hard drives, zip, jazz, floppy,
CD-ROM, DVD drives, and jump drives
- Communication devices: Cell phones, pagers, PDAs and their chargers, cradles, and headset accessories
- Batteries: Rechargeable batteries and chargers
only - no alkaline batteries. See
instructions on packing batteries for shipment.
- Small electronics: MP3 players, iPods, hand-held CD and cassette players, and digital cameras
- Ink: Inkjet and toner cartridges (All cartridges must be in a sealed bag to prevent spilling)
- Film: Black and White film only. Please do not
include color film.
- Photographic film negatives, instant film, sheet film, Advanced Photo System, slides, Disc film, 110, 126, 127, 120/220
- Black and white or undeveloped only: Motion picture film, film reels, Super 8, 8mm, 9.5mm, 16mm, 35mm, 70mm
- Medical x-ray, industrial x-ray, lithographic, micro film, microfiche
- Miscellaneous items: UPS units, AC chargers, keyboards, mice, modems, routers, headphones, cords, adaptors, cables, boards, and chips
We accept ALL of the above items EXCEPT toner in our Technotrash Cans plus the following.
- VCRs, DVRs, TIVO units, Blu-ray players, and DVD players
- GPS units
- Computer speakers
- Video game consoles and cartridges
- Laptop computers
We accept ONLY Media and Tapes as defined above and their cases.
Note: We do not accept desktop computers, monitors, printers, or other components in the
Technotrash Can, eMedia Recycler, or Pack-IT service. Please use the Computer and Component Recycling
Service for those items.
We are unable to accept the following items for recycling
- NO desktop phones, answering machines, photocopiers, shredders, and calculators
- NO small miscellaneous electronics (i.e. razors, hair dryers, flat irons, toothbrushes, etc.)
- NO kitchen appliances (i.e. toasters, microwaves, blenders, etc.)
- NO single use batteries, light bulbs, lamps, vacuums, carbon monoxide detectors
- NO stereo systems, radios, CB radios, stereo speakers, satellite dishes, TVs, remote controls
- NO vinyl records
- NO mercury containing devices such as thermometers, thermostats, smoke detectors, etc.
[TTC/EMR Quick Summary]
[Pack-IT Quick Summary]
Set up your Full-Service Box
Return your Full-Service Box
[What happens to my Technotrash?]
Full-Service Box Data Sheets
[TTC DS - Corporate]
[TTC DS - Individual]
[EMR Data Sheet]